• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information on chile (please move if needed) (1 Viewer)

michael23

Hi everyone, im looking to find out some extra information on chile in south america, I have been invited by a friend. Its not immediate so i can have plenty of time to gather information and digest it.
Numerous questions really, so hopefully some of you could fille me with some info.
Is any time of year better than another?

Obviously, birding in chile and how to go about it, as i am not able to drive and i dont know if there will be a driver going with us.

Pelagis including sea birds and cetaceans.

This wont be 100% a birding holiday, but i will be doing as much as possible.

If there are any trip reports anyone knows of, would be great to read through them

Thanks in advance.

Hi Michael

Niels (Njlarsen) is on a trip to Chile just now, so will be able to give you some up-to-date info in a week or two.

Meanwhile, have you looked in Opus? Here's a list of the articles we have for Chile, which may be of some help to you.

D

Hi delia, many thanks for your reply, didnt think of opus at all, will check it out. Will be interesting to hear the up to date info.

Hi Michael

Niels (Njlarsen) is on a trip to Chile just now, so will be able to give you some up-to-date info in a week or two.

Meanwhile, have you looked in Opus? Here's a list of the articles we have for Chile, which may be of some help to you.

D

Currently traveling in Chile and enjoying it immensely, so not much of an answer yet. Take a look at the other Chile threads for some info, and look at Blakes trip reports as well as at the trip reports in the vacation subsection of birdforum.

There are several birding companies with guided tours, and these are generally worth while. It is possible to arrange one or two days here and there without doing that as your entire itinerary.

More later
Niels

Hi everyone, im looking to find out some extra information on chile in south america, I have been invited by a friend. Its not immediate so i can have plenty of time to gather information and digest it.
Numerous questions really, so hopefully some of you could fille me with some info.
Is any time of year better than another?

Here's a trip report from my trip to Chile in 2007. I realize you can't do the whole thing on a non-birding holiday, but it will give you an idea. I particularly recommend the pelagic out of Valparaiso - several companies do it.

http://www.birding-in-peru.com/pdf-documents/Chile-November-2007.pdf

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back