• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Interesting warbler (6 Viewers)

Melodious Warbler still singing this morning.

Reading some Twitter messages, there seems to be confusion about access to this bird. I guess this stems from the fact that if you don't subscribe to the full Birdguides service the message reads 'Melodious Warbler W.Mids Marsh Lane NR - (PERMIT ONLY)'. The bird is east of both the nature reserve and A452 and viewable from the public bridleway, no permit required.

Brian

A rather wet Melodious Warbler this morning (Not quite as wet as i was!!)

Attachments

• _M1Z2030_filtered.jpg
    _M1Z2030_filtered.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 57
  • _M1Z2296_filtered.jpg
    _M1Z2296_filtered.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 87
Went along and had cracking views of the Melodious Warbler. Saw the Tiln bird a couple of years back but that was after a 3 hour wait. Today was completely the opposite with the bird being very obliging as it sang away. A great find!

Last edited:
Sounds like a plug for Birding World, Brian, there's already a lot of good pictures about;)

Starting to digi-scope with the Opticron MM3 you very kindly flogged me - very pleased with the results.

ATB Laurie:t:

Showed well yesterday after work (3rd time lucky) :t:

Attachments

• Melody_filtered.jpg
    Melody_filtered.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 76
  • _M1Z2693_filtered.jpg
    _M1Z2693_filtered.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 54
Sounds like a plug for Birding World, Brian, there's already a lot of good pictures about;)

Starting to digi-scope with the Opticron MM3 you very kindly flogged me - very pleased with the results.

ATB Laurie:t:

Look forward to seeing some MM3 Melodious frame fillers then Laurie!

Agree, the pictures just keep getting better as Dave's latest pictures clearly show.

Brian

Showed itself well this morning and sang for almost the whole of the 1 1/4 hours we were there, thanks to Paul Allan-Legge for the lift - to be celebrated as it was a lifer for him B :) B :)

A bit breezy to start with at 0815 but light was good then the breeze dropped and the lighting went flat but the bird was a star performer and the first Spring Melodious Warbler i have seen in the UK.

Nice to see lots of Sand Martins hawking in addition to 6 noisy Oystercatchers, presumably from Marsh Lane NR and a nice hunting sub-adult type Peregrine.

Almost as good as the bird was bumping into and chatting with Alan Dean who i haven't seen for a good number of years (probably since the Scillies)...

Laurie:t:

Showed itself well this morning and sang for almost the whole of the 1 1/4 hours we were there, thanks to Paul Allan-Legge for the lift - to be celebrated as it was a lifer for him B :) B :)

A bit breezy to start with at 0815 but light was good then the breeze dropped and the lighting went flat but the bird was a star performer and the first Spring Melodious Warbler i have seen in the UK.

Nice to see lots of Sand Martins hawking in addition to 6 noisy Oystercatchers, presumably from Marsh Lane NR and a nice hunting sub-adult type Peregrine.

Almost as good as the bird was bumping into and chatting with Alan Dean who i haven't seen for a good number of years (probably since the Scillies)...

I think we spoke to each other briefly this morning Laurie, we were leaving just as you arrived ;) A nice bird indeed, a real treat to see.

HaHa - really Sid? Yes it was me! A pity we couldn't have continued our chat about Corncrakes;) Oh the irony:t: It is indeed a small world mate!

We eventually managed a trip over to see the long staying Melodious Warbler yesterday afternoon. Luckily we managed to see the bird in between the rain showers, a fantastic bird to see and a joy to hear it in song!

My Short Video of Melodious Warbler

Attachments

• P1020427.JPG
    P1020427.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P1020429.JPG
    P1020429.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back