• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a Robin? - UK (1 Viewer)

Agata

United Kingdom
Hi,
I’m Agata and I don’t know much about birds. From a few days have a tiny noisy bird in my back yard that I’m trying to identify. It fascinated me as I’ve never seen such a small bird with such a loud and unusual song. Could you please tell me what bird is it? I tried to do some research and I think it’s Robin but it doesn’t have a redbreast.

Thank you for your help!
There is a short video.

Hi,
I’m Agata and I don’t know much about birds. From a few days have a tiny noisy bird in my back yard that I’m trying to identify. It fascinated me as I’ve never seen such a small bird with such a loud and unusual song. Could you please tell me what bird is it? I tried to do some research and I think it’s Robin but it doesn’t have a redbreast.

Thank you for your help!
There is a short video.

Wren

Welcome to BF.
That's a wren. It's not singing (that's a far prettier sound), it's giving an alarm-call: possibly it has a nest or young nearby, and it perceives you or something else (cat, magpie, etc) as a threat.

Thank you! There is a plenty of cats in the area so it explains why he calls like that so often. I got attached to this little fella and got a bird feeder today.

Thanks again!

Hi Agata and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Yes, you really need ear defenders when you're near a Wren LOL.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back