• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a sparrow? (1 Viewer)

MTBirding98

United States
I was in a truck so I couldn’t get a good picture without spooking them. They have the typical sparrow coloration, but they looked bigger. They were between a robin and a song sparrow in size. The male (top) seemed to be feeding the female (bottom) as she rested on the ground.

Attachments

• 8174B7A3-CC10-4222-AF24-7F81637CE03A.png
    8174B7A3-CC10-4222-AF24-7F81637CE03A.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 72
Could you give the location, including the country, and the date? Thanks.
Possibly red-winged blackbirds - difficult to see because of the photo quality (no offence). More likely adult female above and unsexable juvenile below.

Could you give the location, including the country, and the date? Thanks.
Possibly red-winged blackbirds - difficult to see because of the photo quality (no offence). More likely adult female above and unsexable juvenile below.
Awesome point! I didn’t think about that. I assumed they were just a type of sparrow, but they’re too big. This is in Madison Connecticut close to an estuary. Red-winged blackbirds are everywhere here. And no offense taken. The lighting also couldn’t have been any worse.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back