• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Italy in late September (1 Viewer)

Suffolkringer

Inland birding is hard work!!
Hello everyone

I am hoping to go on holiday in Italy in late September. It would be good to do some birding but also a general holiday.

Can anyone please recommend any good birding spots in late September, and also any good place for accommodation? little villas for 2 people.

Hope you can help
Jon

Hi Jon,

Italy is long about 1800km, so a little bit of more info is kindly welcome :)

Have you got an idea of what do you want see in Italy?

Paolo

We went to Trapani on Sicily the autumn before last and it was most enjoyable. Saltpans with a good variety of birds on the edge of town, a cable car up to the walled city of Erice, reasonably easy to get to Palermo etc. I think Ryanair still fly there from the UK.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

Thats the sort of info I am after...I know Italy is a big county but there must be better places to visit in autumn. I am after peoples experiences.

I was edging towards Sciily anyway as I fancied an island. Do you have any accommodation tips please?

All the best
Jon

We went to Trapani on Sicily the autumn before last and it was most enjoyable. Saltpans with a good variety of birds on the edge of town, a cable car up to the walled city of Erice, reasonably easy to get to Palermo etc. I think Ryanair still fly there from the UK.

Stephen

Hi Jon,

Re accommodation not really as we stayed in a flat for four people we found on the internet.

If you like islands another plus of Trapani you could day trip one of the three islands off there. I will look up what they are called, we went to Favignana.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

Thats the sort of info I am after...I know Italy is a big county but there must be better places to visit in autumn. I am after peoples experiences.

I was edging towards Sciily anyway as I fancied an island. Do you have any accommodation tips please?

All the best
Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back