• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Johnny Kingdom (1 Viewer)

Angelface

Did anyone watch last night on channel 2 the programme Johnny Kingdom - a year on Exmoor. It was about an amateur cameraman filming wildlife on Exmoor. He was a sort of wildlife Fred Dibnah and quite a character. Anyway it was just the first of ten so if you want to check it out its on again next Friday at 8 - 8.30 on 2.

Yes, he`s excellent isn`t he? Down here we`ve had other regional programmes featuring him so we knew what to expect. We`ll definitely be watching the remainder of the series.

Hi all,
Yes we watched it too!
What a great character he is isn't he?
We're looking forward to the next 9 episodes and if they are owt like last nights won't be disapointed as some of the camera work was wonderful
Best wishes,

He's a smashing chap isn't he. He certainly loves animals and his pet deer obviously loves him! It's good to see that Exmoor deers and badgers aren't as unpopular as we are sometimes led to believe. I shall be watching again next week.

I enjoyed his programme far more than last weeks A.W..Itwas far less contrived and realistic and I look forward to seeing much more of him.
That's my boy. maurice.

Last edited:
I missed last week's but saw this week's. He seems quite a character, and I enjoyed the simplistic manner. Obviously it is far more personal than AW was, and although the misty weather didn't help tremendously for clarity of focus, his enthusiasm and personality won me over.

Missed the first twenty minutes..

Too preocupied with my nose in birdforum!

btw..I think it's an in-grown toe nail...eeerugh

Matt

Watched a recorded episode last night, Brilliant! I loved "tripod" I dont think he knows his leg's missing! Bless!
Looking forward to next week
Bye for now All

Although I've seen enough of rutting dear for now (especially after AW) I did enjoy last night's programme. When Johnny was describing the pigs demise it took me back to my childhood. We kept a few pigs and one unfortunate porker was usually killed before Christmas. I always made myself scarce until the deed was done then hung around watching my grandad and the local pig killer doing the butchery and, like Johnny, I was given the bladder to blow up (ugh!) . Sounds gruesome but all part of country life in those days - and I'm not that ancient!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back