• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kahles (1 Viewer)

If Kahles are making the SLC for Swarovski, who then market and sell it as a Swarovski optik, then surely it falls under the parent company in regard to warranty and after sales. They've had a working association for many years.
I remember that when I worked in optics retail, any issues on a Kahles binocular was referred to the UK importer for onward service.

Sorry Pat - it seems Swaro discontinud the SLC but I have read that the SLC is now sold by Kahles,under a different model name, possibly Helia?

👍but does anyone know anything about the aftersales?
(If it is as good as Swaro then I’m surprised we don’t hear more about them?)

Kahles are part of the same parent company so I would expect that on the Helia S they would offer a similar level of service. They're very much a hunting focused brand, so don't get coverage in the birding press. The Helia S is the only Austrian made model, their others are the usual made in Asia for them.

👍but does anyone know anything about the aftersales?
(If it is as good as Swaro then I’m surprised we don’t hear more about them?)
Great question. Super important to many. (If I were in the market, it would probably be a deal breaker for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back