• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenya ID help please (1 Viewer)

monkir

1-5 were seen in Tsavo West and 6-7 in Athi Plains.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.JPG
    IMG_4491.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4492.JPG
    IMG_4492.JPG
    790.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4630.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4641.JPG
    IMG_4641.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4644.JPG
    IMG_4644.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4653.JPG
    IMG_4653.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 20
Hi. A total shot in the dark on both pics, 4-7 looks like an immo Crested lark? And pics 1-2 maybe a whinchat?...... A very long-shot!

No
Hi. A total shot in the dark on both pics, 4-7 looks like an immo Crested lark? And pics 1-2 maybe a whinchat?...... A very long-shot!
Not those. Instead, East African larks. The one with the distinctive red-cap ought to be easy: I'm not sure it is red-capped lark; think the rufous chest sides would be clearer

Thanks all. That's a big help. We had considered Foxy but had not seen one before so were wary of labelling it as that without others confirmation.

Could be, but they all look a bit dark. It would be interesting to hear a third opinion on 3-4.
Plausibly a pipit for (what I take to be—please can people label sensibly!) 3. Would have to do more research to decide which.

Other images (41-63) fit better with short-tailed over rufous-naped for me: I'd point to bill shape, colouration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back