• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Kenya help (1 Viewer)

monkir

1, 2 and 3 seen in Tsavo West. 1 and 2 ? Flycatcher species . Is 3 an immature Verreauxs Eagle?
4 and 5 in Athi Plains

Attachments

• IMG_4620.JPG
    IMG_4620.JPG
    903.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4621.JPG
    IMG_4621.JPG
    594.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1180348.JPG
    P1180348.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 27
  • P1180682.JPG
    P1180682.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • P1180696.JPG
    P1180696.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
African Grey Flycatcher in my opinion.

And it's either Red-winged Lark or Rufous-naped Lark, but should be the former based on location.

Any thoughts about the Eagle?
tconzemi (Tom) knows more about African raptors than almost anyone. If he thinks it's Wahlberg's then it almost certainly is. And if Butty, who at first thought it was Tawny, and who is also 'quite knowledeable' (no offence) agrees by liking Tom's post, then I think you can be fairly certain of Wahlberg's.

Last edited:
MacNara - Thanks - We'll take it as a Wahlberg's and bow to Toms great knowledge which is certainly a lot more than ours!
The Fern. As I said -3 - the eagle - was seen in Tsavo West.

MacNara - Thanks - We'll take it as a Wahlberg's and bow to Toms great knowledge which is certainly a lot more than ours!
The Fern. As I said -3 - the eagle - was seen in Tsavo West.
Yes sorry I misread. (But your photos aren't numbered and the order they appear is viewing device dependent.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back