• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kestrel House location (1 Viewer)

Kevin Tyson

United States
I'm considering two locations for a Kestrel house. The first is in the corner between the chimney and north wall of the house. It is more protected from the weather, which blows from the West in Michigan. The second location is a walnut tree over looking an uncut field of about an acre. It is more exposed to the wind and may attract squirrels. Which location do you think would be better for a Kestrel?

Hi Kevin and a warm welcome from me too. I've moved your post to the dedicated nest box forum, as I think the people who know more about this topic are likely to see it. Meanwhile I found this website which might be of assistance to you: Kestrel Box Placement — Peak Boxes

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back