• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TSN 883 adapter need for google pixel 3xl (1 Viewer)

Title says it all. Looking for adapter for google pixel 3xl to fit a kowa tsn 883. All I can find are adapters for Apple and Samsung phones.

Thanks and Cheers,
Gabriel

Gabriel,

Check out Phone Skope or Novagrade. Might be pricey, but they will fit, albeit in different ways. Here's an example of what my Pixel 4 XL can do through a Monarch ED fieldscope. Your results with the Kowa should be better

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_070952.jpg
    IMG_20200912_070952.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 33

Attachments

• IMG_7938 (2).jpg
    IMG_7938 (2).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21
If your phone has a flat back you can use the kowa adapter.
All you need is a cheap plastic cover for your phone, and then you move the metal plate from the one it comes with. It is self-adhesive and if you pull slowly it comes off and can be put on any flat cover.
Just get the one that fits the best, camera in the corner or center of phone.

I got one long ago for an IP5 because I had an android phone with the camera in the corner just as the Iphone. Since then I got a Samsung with the camera in the middle, and it looks a bit silly but it still works ;-)

Attachments

• adapter (2).jpg
    adapter (2).jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for the advice folks. As i mentioned before, Kowa does make an adapter for the pixel 3 xl, it's just not readily available. I emailed them and received one within a few days from a mis-shipment from Germany, complete with eyepiece adapter for about $120 all told.

HI Gabriel
I had not thought of asking Kowa :mad:

Joska

thanks for this
So i" reverse enginer" the Kowa case - strip out the "connector" and then glue it in to a Pixel case ?

that would certainly reduce the setup time thanks

stay safe

Buck

Attachments

• curl-DSCN9904.JPG
    curl-DSCN9904.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 12
So i" reverse enginer" the Kowa case - strip out the "connector" and then glue it in to a Pixel case ?
Yes, it is glued on with a pad of double sided tape and I managed to get it off the kowa case with all the glue sitting on the metal part. Then you just press it on to a pixel case, need to be careful to get it centered on the camera of course.

HI Joska

well well excellent news indeed!
thanks 😀

I spent today at three different sites and setting up the Celestron is just too much trouble

I bought the Celeston from our local 'telescope guy' who is more astronomer than birder

you live and learn

have fun and stay safe
BM

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back