• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large Buzzard? I.D Dorset (1 Viewer)

"This is a perfectly normal Common Buzzard"

Well excuse me Bobtag, I must have missed the part of the forum rules that forbids expressing any opinion that differs from yours.

I agree that common seems more likely, but, having enlarged the pics (hope you don't mind Rowly) there were still some features that made me wonder. Personally I've never seen a perfectly normal CB with a white tail but no white on the wings. Admittedly the tail band is indistinct but there does appear to be one. Rowly describes it as being very pale below, but the carpal patches seem very dark in comparison to the underwing coverts, unusual for pale common buzzard IMHO.

However I'm obviously just being stupid and I apologise for wasting your valuable time.

Steve

Hi Steve, there is avery similar Common Buzzard to this one in the local forest

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back