• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last one and he's having a good hair day! (1 Viewer)

Another brilliant shot. You are going to fill up my wallpaper file if you keep up this quality of shot.

John, thank you. If I get one good shot off a card worth saving I am a very happy person. This time I got 7 ;)

Thank you Andrew. Too bad you don't have these cause they are a joy to have around. I have a pair here now and hopefully they will go forth and propagate ;)

LOL Tony, definitely a London type bird huh?

This is a red bellied woodpecker and if you look closely at that tiny red splotch on its lower belly you will see where it has gotten its name. Sadly the red cockaded woodie is on the decline here and I have yet to add it to my list but steps are being taken to chart their territory and inhibit any more leveling of trees in that area. Thanks Tony!

Heres a picture of a Red Cockaded Woodpecker(not my picture).:t:
That is Red-bellied Wodpecker my friend;)

Last edited:
Great shot KC! I tried to get some pics of a Hairy and a Red-bellied today, but they were very cooperative.

Alicia

Thanks Ariddle! For some reason I have the hardest time getting a decent photo of the hairy and downey. They never seem quite right or clear enough.

Nice "do" on that RB Woodpecker KC.. I don't see them as often in the winter and took the attached photo behind the house last summer. We had the family, 2 adults and 2 juveniles coming to the suet feeder for most of the fall.
Keep those great shots coming!

Attachments

• r b woodpecker 1a.jpg
    r b woodpecker 1a.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 144
Another wonderful picture KC - the most beautiful woodpecker and the lichen is rather nice too! Phil, yours gives the reverse view which is very useful for me as we do not get this woodpecker - also a lovely shot. Either you guys spend all your lives up trees, or you have the most amazing camera equipment - maybe both, such a treat for the rest of us.

Beautiful photo Phil. I see yours was having a good hair day as well. :()

Sal, they are probably the most prolific of the woodpeckers that I have here.

KC, I certainly enjoyed that photo. And it is great to be able to see that red belly, a sight rarely seen. Now I thought that you had made a deal with your children to stay out of trees? Or am I remembering wrong?

Hello Brian and Vogelman and thank you.

Well Brian, it's like this. I figure I gave a good many suggestions/edicts to my kids that were not followed when I wasn't looking so I've got a pretty long way to go before we are on par ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back