• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leagrave Marsh: birding hotspot!! (1 Viewer)

black kite 1964

A little egret today was a nice surprise!! It did look rather odd in the snow. Kingfisher hangs on - probably helped by the lack of Ice!! Green woodpecker still present, no sign of yesterdays Brambling!!:cat::cat:

Hiya,

just interested where this patch is ... I live local to Leagrave but never seen an Egret or Brambling round here. Not been doing this long so that probably explains why but looking for more local and interesting patches.

Thanks

Steve

Hiya,

just interested where this patch is ... I live local to Leagrave but never seen an Egret or Brambling round here. Not been doing this long so that probably explains why but looking for more local and interesting patches.

Thanks

Steve

Steve. Between Leagrave and Sundon Park. Have also seem Hobby, Red Kite, Nuthatch, Grey Wagtail, Redpolls and Snipe. Wintering Kingfisher at present. Do not take your best bins as you could get mugged!!:cat::cat:

Am passing on anything interesting to county recorder - which is not that much!

Excellent yeah I know where that is. I saw 30 or 40 each of Redwings and Fieldfare over at Lewsey Park when the snow was around a week or so ago. A Meadow Pipit was there the week before that.

I normally take the dog over to the reservoirs at Tring, there were Pochard, Goldeneye and a Redshank there on Sunday, first Wader of the year I was dutifully informed.

I'll go over to the marshes and have a look, and cheers, I'll camouflage my binos :)

Excellent yeah I know where that is. I saw 30 or 40 each of Redwings and Fieldfare over at Lewsey Park when the snow was around a week or so ago. A Meadow Pipit was there the week before that.

I normally take the dog over to the reservoirs at Tring, there were Pochard, Goldeneye and a Redshank there on Sunday, first Wader of the year I was dutifully informed.

I'll go over to the marshes and have a look, and cheers, I'll camouflage my binos :)

Little egret and kingfisher remain.:cat::cat:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back