• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Service - Excellent (1 Viewer)

DAS

Recently after 10 years use I returned my Trinovid 10X42BN binos to Leica for service after noticing what I thought might be a problem developing on the outer part of the lens. Leica mailed and informed that they were replacing some components. A week later my binos were returned by courier looking new. Lenses , armour replaced , alignments corrected and focusing serviced. I highly praise Leica's excellent efficient service. All this was done free of charge under the Trinovids 30 yr warranty.:t:

Thanks for the report DAS. Leica repair got quite a few negative comments here a few years back, but lately they are turning things around. Now it seems that if Leica has to fix a binocular, they will do everything it needs while they are at it. That BN is a nice binocular, enjoy it.
Ron

Thanks for the report DAS. Leica repair got quite a few negative comments here a few years back, but lately they are turning things around. Now it seems that if Leica has to fix a binocular, they will do everything it needs while they are at it. That BN is a nice binocular, enjoy it.
Ron

If this would be a company's policy, for instance directing investments to customer support instead of to binoculars' R&D, it would have my blessing. In any case, the decision to simply update the Ultravid line to UV plus, looks very sound to me.

More in general, it looks to me the appreciation for Leica is on the way up (again). They're even praised for their focuser (only a few years ago it was considered the worst thing on earth)!

Renze

Nice to see Leica have started to sort their selves out . First class bins you just could'nt trust their after service.

I'm very happy with Leica's U.S. customer service. Three months ago I sent my 11 year old 8x42 Ultravids in for a few minor issues. The note I sent along with my binoculars ask Leica to address an overly tight hinge, a focus wheel that was a little sticky, and to make any cleaning/adjustments/repairs necessary. Turn around time was about 3 weeks, and my binos came back in beautiful shape; almost seems they upgraded the glass. The hinge is perfect, focus wheel is smooth, and resolution is noticeably better. These Ultravids have always been my favorite, and I couldn't be more pleased with Leica's service.
In the follow up customer satisfaction survey that Leica sent me, I stated that quality customer service/repair after the sale was, ultimately, the most important factor to me. I hope it continues.

Last edited:
I sent in my Leica Duovid 8+12 X 42 for service last month. I have had these binoculars for almost 9 years now. Leica did an excellent job and I received my binoculars back yesterday. I too submit that their work and service is excellent. Thank you Leica!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back