• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lettuce Lake Park Outing - 31 species! (1 Viewer)

SandhillCrane02

Call me Neil!
United States
Lettuce Lake is a must-see preserve if you're in Tampa, me and my friend have gone there on quite a few birding trips so far, always seeing at least one new species to check off our life list. Today was crazy though, we saw a record number of birds and new lifers for us both! If you're ever in Tampa and looking for a good birding spot, you can't go wrong with Lettuce Lake (I highly recommend the boardwalk for seeing wading birds, ducks, hawks, etc)

I think what made today stand out was we got up EXTRA early. The only downside to this park is that it's a really popular spot for residents and tourists alike so it really, really pays to get there right when it opens at 8am. After around 10-11ish people start to come in and the noise tends to frighten most things away from the boardwalk. We got some gorgeous pictures that you can see at our checklist here

I'll definitely be uploading some of my favorite ones here too, so stay tuned for that

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back