• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LEUPOLD 8x32 (1 Viewer)

rdpx

Hi there,

can anyone shed any light on the differences between these two:

BX-2 TIOGA HD 8x32
vs
BX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 8x32

Am I correct to assume that the BX-4 will just be far superior? It is hard to find any info online about the discontinued TIOGA.

Thanks - Robert

The Pro Guide is made in Japan and a real gem. It has ED glass and a locking diopter on the focus wheel that is really slick. Great binos. Don’t know much about the BX-2 but I doubt it’s anywheres as nice. You get what you pay for.

Hi there,

can anyone shed any light on the differences between these two:

BX-2 TIOGA HD 8x32
vs
BX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 8x32

Am I correct to assume that the BX-4 will just be far superior? It is hard to find any info online about the discontinued TIOGA.

Thanks - Robert
Robert
If you use the search button and enter just bx-2 or bx-4 it will bring up all the threads, discussions and reviews that have happened on Birdforum.
I would suspect most reviewers would rank the BX-4 well above the BX-2

Tom

The number following BX indicates their rank in Leupolds lineup. The higher the number the better the bino. 4 is the highest. You could call Leupold customer service and they’ll tell you the differences. Very nice folks at their customer service. Just remembered I did lion at a pair of the BX-2 at Cabelas. The eyecups fell off when I screwed them up. Was surprised Leupold would even sell something if that lack of quality.

Thanks for the replies, it was pretty much what I was thinking but nice to hear it confirmed.

I'm waiting on a replacement pair from them, and have been waiting for a very long time indeed.

R

The Pro Guide is made in Japan and a real gem. It has ED glass and a locking diopter on the focus wheel that is really slick. Great binos. Don’t know much about the BX-2 but I doubt it’s anywheres as nice. You get what you pay for.
Except with the Cabela 8x32 Guide where I got more than what I paid for. It's also MIJ but somewhat "Plain Jane" compared to the snappy looking Pro Guide with it's hundreds of nibs on the eyecups (not sure I'd like those if they rub up against my eyebrow or cheek). The Guide also has a pull-out diopter wheel on the end of the focuser.

The Cabela Guide was manufactured by Kamakura Koki in Japan, perhaps the same manufacturer as the Pro Guide. It doesn't have ED glass, but it doesn't need it. I'm sensitive to CA, and I only see it through the Guides in extreme contrast situations. Very good optics for $200. I also like the ergnomics, which has enough barrel room for me to wrap my large hands around. There's an 8x32 Cabela Guide for sale on eBay, but it's from a pawn shop, so I advise caution.

Underneath the hood, the Cabela Guide and the Leupold Pro Guide could be brothers from the same mother.

Brock

Attachments

• Cabela's Guide6.jpg
    Cabela's Guide6.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 10
  • Cabela's Guide3.jpg
    Cabela's Guide3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back