• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lizards from Thailand (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Just checking a couple of lizard photos from 1993, Thailand. the first from Khao Noi Churchi the second from Krabi. I think they are both forest crested lizard Calotes emma but a second opinion would be welcome.

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 129.jpg
    129.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 13
I't looks good to me, not sure if a split has occured but I've seen a shot of one which was named as 'Northern'.Calotes emma alticristatus, probably based on range.

I think they are still classed as sub-species going on my most recent book: Reptiles of South-East Asia I Das. The one from Krabi resembles the photo of the northern one in the Cox et.al book, which has a range extending to 'peninsular Thailand.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back