• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a local guide in Zakopane (1 Viewer)

lizettemtucker

Poland
Hi there, I am traveling to Zakopane in a couple weeks and would love to find a local bird enthusiast who could help me see a few birds. I am an amateur and need all the help I can get. Any suggestions? thanks.

I'm sorry I can't help you out but I do want to wish you a warm welcome from those of us on BirdForum!

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. We do have a Poland subforum found here:

And an information wanted area found here:

Hi lizettemtucker and a warm welcome from me too. We do have some members who live in Poland, but if they're near Zakopane I don't know, so better to follow Lisa's links and post in one of those forums where more members may see it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi there, I am traveling to Zakopane in a couple weeks and would love to find a local bird enthusiast who could help me see a few birds. I am an amateur and need all the help I can get. Any suggestions? thanks.
Have a look here for some advice: Search results for query: zakopane, and welcome to the forum from me as well. Still, starting a thread, as suggested above by Lisa, could be a good idea.

Also, Polish-language sources if you can read/translate them; I managed to find this, for example: Tatry. I also have library access to The birds of Polish Carpathians – status, threats, conservation (a bird atlas in Polish with an English summary towards the end) and The birds of the Tatras and the Podtatrze (this time the translation is mine; a book in Polish with general bird descriptions and some more specific site information). Any particular species you'd like to try to connect with during your stay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back