• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Emerald Coast Birds ID (1 Viewer)

Birdsr5

United States
Hi there,
I live in Panama City Beach, Florida and I enjoy observing aquatic and other birds on Shell Island. I am starting my bird catalogue, and I would like to get some help identifying a couple of species. I am attaching 2 files. The first one is (I believe) a Northern Gannet. The second one I need help with. It looks lik a Gannet but may be a Booby, though his feet are not blue. I would appreciate if someone could get back to me with a determination.
Thanks

Attachments

• NorthernGannet.JPG
    NorthernGannet.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Booby.jpg
    Booby.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi Birdsr5 and a warm welcome to BirdForum ;) It's good to have you here with us ;)

Here is the link to the Bird I D section of the forum: You might want to copy your post to a new thread in that section of the Forum and I'm sure you'll get some feedback. :)

Hi Birdsr5 and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Both birds are Northern Gannets, the second picture shows an immature bird. You can read more about them, and see additional images in our Opus article for the species: Northern Gannet - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back