• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for help finding Cyprus Owl (1 Viewer)

It's maybe worth checking Ebird for recent sightings. Episkopi may be a good bet. I was there last spring and saw them at Vasilias Nikoklis Inn. I found one fairly easily at night in the mountains in Platres.

I would just follow eBird + common sense for habitat. The bird is pretty common. I would think they'd be vocal / responsive by now.

My visit was in June but I just looked at google maps satellite view and took an evening walk to the nearest spot that looked to have tall enough scrub / trees to be considered habitat and found a bird easily on my first try.

It's maybe worth checking Ebird for recent sightings. Episkopi may be a good bet. I was there last spring and saw them at Vasilias Nikoklis Inn. I found one fairly easily at night in the mountains in Platres.
Thanks Andrew, Episkopi is on the list of sites to visit. Did you see the owl at Nikoklis Inn during the day? If so we’re they happy for you to wander around the garden?

Thanks Andrew, Episkopi is on the list of sites to visit. Did you see the owl at Nikoklis Inn during the day? If so we’re they happy for you to wander around the garden?
Yes, I saw two there early afternoon. I did stop there for lunch, which maybe helped with access. I'm not sure what they would say if you didn't buy anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back