• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking to upgrade my Vanguard Endeavor ED IV 10x42 (1 Viewer)

Adalberti

Spain
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my Vanguard Endeavor ED IV 10x42 binoculars with another 10x42 binos (maybe 10x32).

My budget is around the 500-600€ range.

I've been considering the Kowa BDII XD and Vortex Viper HD. I'm not sure if these two are worth the change. Maybe you guys have other suggestions as well.

Thank you in advance.

I've never seen an Endeavor, so I can't speak specifically to those. However they seem to get pretty good user comments. In my general experience there is not as much improvement to be had switching binoculars and staying within a similar price range.

Just what is it you want to improve upon, or in other words what is your Endeavor lacking? I recently received a Viper HD 8x42 which Vortex used to replace a worn out 6.5x32 Fury. The Viper is certainly a very good glass and has a very bright image. Even at that if you are looking for specific improvements, I think you should expand your budget as time allows and that will give you some options. If the Endeavor isn't broke, don't fix it until you can get a specific target in in mind

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my Vanguard Endeavor ED IV 10x42 binoculars with another 10x42 binos (maybe 10x32).

My budget is around the 500-600€ range.

I've been considering the Kowa BDII XD and Vortex Viper HD. I'm not sure if these two are worth the change. Maybe you guys have other suggestions as well.

Thank you in advance.
You are not going to see much improvement over what you have with that low of a budget. Move up to about $1000 and get a Nikon HG 10x42.

Just what is it you want to improve upon, or in other words what is your Endeavor lacking? I recently received a Viper HD 8x42 which Vortex used to replace a worn out 6.5x32 Fury. The Viper is certainly a very good glass and has a very bright image. Even at that if you are looking for specific improvements, I think you should expand your budget as time allows and that will give you some options. If the Endeavor isn't broke, don't fix it until you can get a specific target in in mind

Thank you for your feedback.

I just wanted to take a look at this price range and see if I can upgrade them. The issues I've got with the Endeavor IV are not related to performance but ergonomics, as they are a bit heavy and eyecups tend to slide as they get oily quickly.

I would look for a used pair where you can save 50% of the cost of a new pair (and the VAT). Binos that cost their owner 1000€ are going to be priced within your budget.

Thank you for your feedback.

I just wanted to take a look at this price range and see if I can upgrade them. The issues I've got with the Endeavor IV are not related to performance but ergonomics, as they are a bit heavy and eyecups tend to slide as they get oily quickly.
Here is a review I think will be really helpful. They compare a bunch of 10x42s - including the ones you mentioned

As far as my experience, I have the Viper in 8x42, they are really good well rounded binos. The only issue I’ve experience with them is if you use their eyecups In their middle positions - they don’t hold well. Otherwise the eyecups are fine all the way up 👍

I’m just not sure the weight will be all that different from what you have.

hope this helps 👍

Here is a review I think will be really helpful. They compare a bunch of 10x42s - including the ones you mentioned

As far as my experience, I have the Viper in 8x42, they are really good well rounded binos. The only issue I’ve experience with them is if you use their eyecups In their middle positions - they don’t hold well. Otherwise the eyecups are fine all the way up 👍

I’m just not sure the weight will be all that different from what you have.

hope this helps 👍
I figured the NL would be first place, but they didn't even test the best 10x42 at $1000 the Nikon HG 10x42.

Thank you everyone for your useful opinions.

I think I will stick with the Vanguards for now and try to hit one of the next level binos in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back