• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix LX3 with Nikon ED82A scope (1 Viewer)

sjackal

I have the Nikon ED82A scope and I also have a Panasonic Lumix LX3. Are these two compatible for digiscoping? What adapters do I need to obtain to get going?

Thanx in advance.

Yes is the answer. Worked well with my Opticron. It is the eyepiece size that is relevant rather than the scope. I attached mine by buying the 52 mm adapter tube that screws on the front; make sure you get the type with a deep front end. Cut a piece of standard plumbing pipe into about an inch length (you can play with this to get it right), split it down one side to make it a flexible tube. I then got some sticky Velcro (the fluffy side, not the hook side) and used that to pack out any spaces between the pipe and eyepiece/adaptor. It fitted well. Unfortunately my LX3 developed a fault so I haven't got that set up to show you any more.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back