• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magazines (6 Viewers)

Absolutely. I consider myself an 'advanced beginner(?!)' birder, so the ID articles in Birdwatching are pitched just right for me. While I like to read about rarities (not that Birdwatch is a twitcher mag) I need stuff about commoner species too.

As i posted in an earlier thread, but should that not read 565 now as Snowy Egret Egretta thula has now been added the the A list!

IanF said:
Hi JohnJ,

Not sure whether Annie saw this one and I only came across it by accident, but the link is Birds of Britain online magazine
It carries some good articles, though not on a par with Birdforum of course ;)

Birds of Britain is still going but it seems to only produce a new 'monthly' issue about every two or three months? Unless I'm missing something.

I love the pictures in Birds Illustrated, Dan, but the spelling mistakes and typos in it are appalling. It's a quality magazine, and they should spend more time and effort on proofreading. It takes the edge off it for me.

Birdwatch value?

John J said:
Do you think anyone from Birdwatch is lurking here and if so do you think that will take any notice. I hope so for their sake. It's a shame as the magazine is well turned out, cosmetically, but could do with a facelift material wise.

I suspect that if they were lurking, they were fired soon after for suggesting to the management that the magazine was too thin. Nearly two years down the line, and I'm STILL disappointed that it's a bit skinny compared with Bird Watching. Ho hum.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back