• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Making a bird coloring book (3 Viewers)

Hi folks. I'm a birder from northern Arizona, and I decided to create a coloring book of Southwest U.S. birds. The drawings are all based on photos of real birds from myself or friends. I'm mostly done and I'm looking for feedback.

What would you like to find in a bird coloring book? I have 30+ real species, as well as some topic pages about bird beaks, feathers, and feet. The back of the book also includes a few sentences about each bird. What else should I include? I'd like the book to be fun to adults and kids alike, with a mild education focus. Are there any ornithology groups I should connect with? You can see some sample pages below. Thanks!

Attachments

• Birds_of_the_Southwest_1.jpg
    Birds_of_the_Southwest_1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Birds_of_the_Southwest_2.jpg
    Birds_of_the_Southwest_2.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Birds_of_the_Southwest_3.jpg
    Birds_of_the_Southwest_3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 22
It’s an interesting idea, I took up sketching when I started birding, because I read if you sketch the birds shape it makes it easier to identify and remember…I was not any good at it but it seemed to help me! I would selfishly love one of birds in the North East, because I think coloring one would help the same as sketching…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back