• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malaysia praser's hill or Taman negara birding tour in Next spring (1 Viewer)

shane8504

South Korea
Hello. I want to go Malaysia for birding in next spring(Feb to Apr, 2024) almost 1 week or so on.
I have just little plan for this trip, including dates, because I'm a businessman who have not much vacation. So I want to find companions who want go abroad in similar situation.

In my ruff plan, I'll go Fraser's hill and Taman negara NP. I found some reasonable birding travel agencies for this plan.

Somewho have interest with my plan, please contact me by this thread~

p.s. I'm not a native English speaker, but I can speak at least full-communication. I can speak Korean, Japanese well, and little Chinease.

This itinerary is very easy to do independantly.

At Taman Negara, two sides of the river, one side with the park, has a resort and on the other side are cheap, backpacker places and floating restaraunts which do some great food.

At Fraser's Hill, there is a range of accommodation and a few restaraunts with numerous trails and a road down to 'The Gap', which prov ides some good birding along it's, lf I remember, 8KM length.

Last edited:
This itinerary is very easy to do independantly.

At Taman Negara, two sides of the river, one side with the park, has a resort and on the other side are cheap, backpacker places and floating restaraunts which do some great food.

At Fraser's Hill, there is a range of accommodation and a few restaraunts with numerous trails and a road down to 'The Gap', which prov ides some good birding along it's, lf I remember, 8KM length.
Are there good enough for go alone by walk?

Yes, it's very easy, read some reports to find out where the best birds are seen.
If then, I likely want go there by alone as soon, althouh there're no companions.
There used to be a guy at Fraser's Hill who was a very good guide but he's getting old now so not sure he still does it, if I remeber, his name was Durai?

Edit; Here he is

I have found that article before!

Driving in Malaysia is very easy; driving in Thailand is rather more demanding especially in towns. Both your sites are very easy to do independently from a logistical point of view but birding at TN is hard work so do be prepared for that.

Driving in Malaysia is very easy; driving in Thailand is rather more demanding especially in towns. Both your sites are very easy to do independently from a logistical point of view but birding at TN is hard work so do be prepared for that.
I thought so too, so I'll hire tour guide than try it later, not now... My plan is still valid yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back