• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory Card Readers advice please (1 Viewer)

Cliff

I have a Viking Intelliflash 12 in 1 Memory Card Reader/Writer connected to my computer with Windows XP operating system.
I use Compact Flash and SD memory cards.
The reader does not have any problems reading the SanDisk Ultra II Compact Flash 2.0 GB and SanDisk 512 MB SD cards, but it doe snot recognise the SanDisk SD Extreme III 2.0 GB memory card. The SD card works without any problems with my laptop.

I have contacted Viking, they have stated that the card reader is incompatible with the Sandisk Extreme III 2.0GB SD-Card.
Can anybody recommend a card reader which is compatible with all the above memory cards?

Regards
Cliff Jones
B :)

Since all your cards are SanDisk you should find one of their readers will suit you, however, Keith's question is interesting, is it the size, speed or what? that is the problem - this info could be useful for others out there.

Often these reader have restrictions on the drive letters that can be allocated to the various card types. I had one that would only work if it could find spare letters in the range D to I. If you've already got lots of drives allocated latters in that range you might try re-allocating them.

:t:Thanks for your replies. No Keith they did not say why it was incompatible, they just apologised for the inconvenience. The card reader did not recognise the card at all, it kept stating that there was no card inserted. It worked perfectly with other smaller capacity SD cards. There were no problems with the Compact Flash cards.
I've decided to buy the SanDisk ImageMate®12-in-1 Reader/Writer, this should be compatible with all my cards.

Cheers Cliff Jones

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back