• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BL 8X33 HD versus BL 8x44 HD (1 Viewer)

binomaniac

Romania
Hello everyone, unfortunately for financial reasons I had to part with my beloved Meopta Meostar B1 8x32. Now I'm looking for an 8x32 at a not too high price and I saw a video on Youtube in which a citizen shoots through a Minox Bl 8x33 Hd second version. I was impressed by the image quality, especially by the low level of chromatic aberrations when filming a bird in the sky. I was ready to pull the trigger and buy an 8x33 because I like this format for its low weight and small size. But I noticed that the BL 8x44 HD second version model is only a few millimeters taller and about only 10-12 percent heavier. In addition, I found it for sale at only 15 percent more expensive. My question for who had the opportunity to extensively compare the two binoculars, is whether the image in BL8x44 is at least equal to or better than the one I saw in 8x33 so as to justify the difference in size, weight and price. I am concerned only with two aspects: the level of chromatic aberrations which usually increases with increasing objective lens diameter and the level of contrast which usually decreases with increasing brightness. I am sure that the 8x44 with 5.5 mm exit pupil gives a more pronounced feeling of immersion in the image. Thanks to everyone in advance for any information. Best regards from Romania.

So no answer, I probably wasn't clear enough or no one had a chance to compare Bl 8x33 HD with BL 8x44 HD. My question was: is BL 8x44 HD a much better pair of binoculars than BL 8x33 HD?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back