• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox bl hd (1 Viewer)

casscade

Anyone have experience with these, are they German, Japan, or sourced from elsewhere. I’m just wanting to know if they use the same glass as their scopes, the reason I ask is that in their scope line their zp5 is optically without peer, it’s literally tanget theta- zco level, both which happen to be 4 to 5k scopes. Are their binoculars anywhere near that or just a side project that’s sourced to give them a binocular line. That’s for any reply’s.

Most of Minox's binoculars made in China or Japan, top of the line HG APO used to be assembled in Germany but made elsewhere. I'm not sure about the BL, but it was a lower line than the HG's. I've not heard anyone rave about the quality. Blaser bought the company a few year's back and I think it was largely for the brand's past associations with quality optics. To be fair I own the little Makroscope and it's a well made decently performing monocular for close observation, but is of Chinese manufacture not German.

The BL HD line seems to date from around 2014. See some info from a brochure from then.
The 'Made in Germany' is highlighted both there and later, but as Richard points out (and has been discussed before):
how much 'made' as opposed to 'assembled' is unknown.

BL HD features.jpg

I've also attached a spec sheet.

John

Attachments

• BL HD spec's.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It’s a bit hard to follow the Minox product lines since there are frequent upgrades that often seem to be minor variations on a theme.

In the same brochure as above, there were the higher grade HG and APO HG models:

APO HG and HG lines.jpg

And in a 2022 flyer the current offerings were:

Minox 2022.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back