• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Miyauchi Hawkeye, 7x50 for sale on ebay. (1 Viewer)

Highway Dog

United States
It is not the Miyauchi Binon that Holger Merlitz reviewed in the early 2000's. http://www.holgermerlitz.de/miyauchi7x50.html

The covering has opened on one telescope bell. Is it a counterfeit? It is not worth to me, the Thousand and a half that that seller wants.

Would I pay up past a thousand for the Binon? Maybe....

It seems to be a regular Porro arrangement. The Binon had a Porro II. The Field of view is 7.1 ; The Binon was 9.5 degrees.

It is interesting to think about... What could be special about the Hawkeye.

Ebay page here, item number:164763301945

Can somebody give me some help? Rob A

Hi Rob,
A friend sold his mint Binon about 6 months ago for 900$, the Hawkeye are definitely not worth 1500$. For some reason many binos offered on ebay by sellers from Japan have inflated prices, I wonder why.
Peter

Hi Rob,
A friend sold his mint Binon about 6 months ago for 900$, the Hawkeye are definitely not worth 1500$. For some reason many binos offered on ebay by sellers from Japan have inflated prices, I wonder why.
Peter
I agree. I have tried offering the Japanese sellers a little less on some of them, and they won't take a penny less either, so they just sit there for a year.

I agree. I have tried offering the Japanese sellers a little less on some of them, and they won't take a penny less either, so they just sit there for a year.
Some current examples:
-Zeiss Victory FL 8x32: 3299$
-Nikon EDG 10x32: 3044$
-Leica Duovid: 4730$
and I have seen even more exaggerated prices. My best guess is that this problem might be caused by the conversion from yens to USD, does anyone have a better explanation?

For some reason many binos offered on ebay by sellers from Japan have inflated prices, I wonder why.
Conversely, there was a thread on Cloudy Nights recently where someone was searching for a Nikon 7x50 SP Prostar. He was referred to an online store in Osaka, which offered very reasonable prices, at least by European standards.

John

Conversely, there was a thread on Cloudy Nights recently where someone was searching for a Nikon 7x50 SP Prostar. He was referred to an online store in Osaka, which offered very reasonable prices, at least by European standards.

John
I have purchase several new Nikon EDG's from Japan for very good prices from $1300 to $1600. It seems like the market has changed.

There has been an increase in fees/costs for dealers/sellers in Japan, as I vaguely remember a post about it, whether it was here on CN, I am not sure. Although some of those prices that Peter has posted, seem quite elevated.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back