• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron mm3 focus wheel broken (1 Viewer)

bonxie birder

Going for the One
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone has had this problem. I love my mm3, but yesterday as I was out on the field focusing on a surf scoter, the wheel focus started to feel loose. On further inspection I realised it was actually screwing away from the body. I tightened it up and everything was fine, I thought. Then when I turned the wheel I realised the whole thing was unscrewing again. Now it’s unusable. Before I buy another Opticron model I would like to know if this is a problem that is not just mine.

Attachments

• 8FC5E143-F6CC-4D70-89BD-CDA4803F04E2.jpeg
    8FC5E143-F6CC-4D70-89BD-CDA4803F04E2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
I had a slightly different issue with my MM4 fine focusing wheel not working. Contacted Opticron to confirm the process for returning in order to be repaired.

Sent them away and they returned fixed. No drama, paid for postage out, they paid postage to return. Very good experience in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back