• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

most populous county song birds et al (1 Viewer)

Hiya, does anyone have any idea which county has the greatest population of 'song birds', garden, field and woodland not rare, just common or garden.
Is there anywhere that has the kind of variety and numbers that I enjoyed when I was a Westcountry boy in the seventies when I'd regularly see about thirty species (including seabirds - I lived on the coast)?
I was also luck enough to live near a breeding pair of Peregrines., regularly saw dippers, kingfishers all the wagtails and of course songbirds, thrushes finches et al.
I know its all doom and gloom because of our damned species but I wondered if there was a map like there is for rarities.
Anyway all the best ~S

The BTO does record County Data

No one really differentiates between "song birds" but this is species level data so you can craft your own list.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back