• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moth ID help (1 Viewer)

Vipers

Brunswick Birder
I am a complete novice at this moth ID'ing and I am now finding out that I have a rubbish field guide. So any help in ID'ing the attached moths will be gratefully received.
They were all caught in Northumberland and I have been using the Northumberland Moths website to help ID them but still struggling with a few.

I'm sure there will be more to follow. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpg
    IMG_4382.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN4386.jpg
    DSCN4386.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4390.jpg
    IMG_4390.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Sean!! It's much appreciated.

I've got a couple more that I thought were going to be obvious but I just can't find a match for them.

Attachments

• IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4405.jpg
    IMG_4405.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thanks again Sean!! I thought it was a Dotted Clay but it just seemed more marked than the other Dotted Clays I've caught.

moth Id worcs

Found these two in my house in Redditch worcs over the last few days.
Coulld you ID for me:t:John
I think one is a silver Y and the other a carpet sp

Attachments

• moth found in my  houseDSCF8004 (2).JPG
    moth found in my houseDSCF8004 (2).JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 32
  • moth sp aug 13.JPG
    moth sp aug 13.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back