• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moved to thinner pickings for birds (1 Viewer)

Bob Smith

Canada
A strange intro perhaps, but it's true. My wife and I recently moved from Ladner, B.C. to Fort St. John B.C. to be closer to daughter and grandkids in our old age. Ladner is situated at the mouth of the Fraser R. in SW British Columbia,and that is a birders paradise. Huge flocksof waterfowl, shorebirds, raptors, and dickie birds of all sorts are found there in vast expanses of bird habitat. Here in our new home there are a few waterfowl for a short time, a few shorebirds ( for a short time ), very few raptors, and a few kinds of dickie birds. That said, I've been working on exploiting what we have, along with the lots of mule deer, bison, and moose. We do have lots of ravens in winter and magpies year round and I have a secret spot for plentiful stellar's jays.

Attachments

• Devil eye raven-_Z1A4442.jpg
    Devil eye raven-_Z1A4442.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 5
  • fire eyed rock dove.jpg
    fire eyed rock dove.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 5
So glad you joined in with us Bob! I hope you enjoy your time with us ;)

Those are two great images you've posted and we hope you add to the Gallery. There's a 3 pic a day limit in 24 hour period :)

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi Bob and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi again Bob

At present your status is "New Member"; unfortunately we had to bring in a few restrictions in an attempt to prevent certain abuses of our site. New members have a handful of minor restrictions placed upon them until they have made 10 forum posts (gallery comments do not count) AND have been a member of the site for 5 days. The following minor restrictions apply to new members who have not qualified with the above criteria:

Creating a Signature, Uploading an Avatar, Creating a Blog, Editing their posts after 30 minutes, Editing the Opus, Creating a 'For Sale' thread and Voting in polls.

The time will soon pass, I'm sure.

I looked it up, and Fort St. John is way up in the Peace River country. You should get some good birds there when they come in spring. It's on the east side of the Rockies, so there should be a whole different suite of birds there, birds I think of as "eastern". SW BC is a lot like here in Oregon. Fort St. John would be more like Ontario. It could be exciting - good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back