• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My First attempt - Celestron Scope.. (1 Viewer)

nikovich

Hi guys - I've been photographing Birds for a little while now , and finally have been able to put together a Digiscoping set-up .
These photos were taken in probably all the wrong conditions - it was windy , cold and overcast - I couldn't bump up the shutter speed anywhere near what I wanted because of the low light - but these two didn't turn out too bad of a Blue Jay and a Dark-eyed Junco that were glad of the food on offer today in the Backyard.

My set-up is a Celestron Ultima 80 ED scope combined with a Nikon Coolpix 990 . The shots were taken on a cheap 20 dollar tripod , at it's lowest height for maximum sturdiness .
No remote shutter release was used - I don't have one :)
Magnification was at 20 x , and the absolute minimum focusing distance I could manage.

Comments and feedback most welcome !

Nick

Attachments

• DEJ2 - ds - 16.10.06.jpg
    DEJ2 - ds - 16.10.06.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 740
  • Blue Jay2 - ds - 16.10.06.jpg
    Blue Jay2 - ds - 16.10.06.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
How'd you attach the camera to the scope? Can you use standard 1 1/4" eyepieces? I just ordered a Celestron Onyx 80EDF, If my photos are that sharp I'll be plenty happy!
Thanks,
Pete K.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back