• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Garden (1 Viewer)

Just filling the bird feeders up this morning and noticed a Red Admiral flying around is this a late date or has anyone else had butterflies in the last few days.

Spotted Flycatcher in my garden in Frankley tonight. A first in the garden for me and especially pleased as I hadn't connected with one anywhere yet this year!

A few years ago in my parents garden, I had a list of almost 80 species - mainly due to the fact that it was a street of 100+ year old terraces, each one with multiple trees in its garden. It was almost like a miniture forest made up of Oaks, Poplars, Birches, evergreens and two of my neighbors had large natural ponds, each of them about 10ft square.

Waxwing, Spoonbill, Treecreeper and Woodcock were my personal highlights. We even had a nesting pair of Harris Hawks that had escaped from god knows where. Since then, neigbours have cut down trees, gravlled lawns and replaced shrubs with sheds, so my dad said birds are disapearing.

I brought a new build house in Bilston, along the canal. I've planted a tree and set up a station which is visisted by a flock of 17 goldfinch and 2 woodpigeon daily. Hoping to get more species in the winter and once I persuade neighbours to plant trees :)

Daily dog walks along the canal have (which is about 10 feet from my front driveway) has resulted in breeding Bullfinches, Chaffinch, Green and Greater peckers (located nest), whitethroat, all the usual tits and ducks, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk and the rare Greenfinch.

In our neighbours garden I've seen Greater spotted woodpeckers, Blue tits, Great tits, Sparrows and yesterday I saw a bullfinch for the first time.

We get a Buzzard (i think) fly over everyday a few times too, we live next to the Saltwells nature reserve where they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back