• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Highland garden (1 Viewer)

Garden list now up to 83 with some recent additions - Gannet, Great Skua and Wheatear.

Impressive movement of Snipe today
3 S
12 S
2 N
2 S
At various times.

Mipits have returned and Linnet clocking up to 400 - impressive stuff.

Cheers

You'd better keep a large supply of tea and biscuits handy cos if you keep this up your pad will be featured in Gordon's next book! 8-P ;)

Be careful what you wish for Marcus. I'm looking to be up there next spring with a few familiar faces in tow. :king:

You'd better keep a large supply of tea and biscuits handy cos if you keep this up your pad will be featured in Gordon's next book! 8-P ;)

A nice comfortable hide with a sideline in bacon butties and home made cakes - could be a nice little earner. The birds are irrelevant.

I'm writing the chapter now and will only take 10% of the profits for the plug... ;)

Gordon

Is Chanonry a good spot for Skuas? I think I finally have a free weekend this week for a spot of birding.... before I have a week in the Western Isles for work.. <<cough>>

Tried to do a proper count today of the seabirds but difficult given the vastness of the area;

400 Sandwich Terns
250 Gannets
8 Great Skua
20 Arctic Skua
5 unidentified Skua
5 Kittiwake (long awaited Bogey) - from the kitchen this morning and four more from the bottom of the garden
10 Knot
15 Snipe
1 Golden Plover
34 Red Breasted Merganser
4 Wigeon
100+ Curlew
400+ Lapwing
1 Dunlin

Third record of Robin(!)

Bridtrack is such a great place to store record - check out Red Breasted Merganser trend.

Pretty unusual except when they come here post breeding in large flocks. The odd winter record.

Attachments

• rbm.png
    rbm.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 41
Tried to do a proper count today of the seabirds but difficult given the vastness of the area;

400 Sandwich Terns
250 Gannets
8 Great Skua
20 Arctic Skua
5 unidentified Skua
5 Kittiwake (long awaited Bogey) - from the kitchen this morning and four more from the bottom of the garden
10 Knot
15 Snipe
1 Golden Plover
34 Red Breasted Merganser
4 Wigeon
100+ Curlew
400+ Lapwing
1 Dunlin

Third record of Robin(!)

superb!
What a way to spend some home time

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back