• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My new lifer list - advice please and musings! (1 Viewer)

Do you take birding holidays? I keep separate holiday lists for each one and then simply feed any lifers into the main list.

Because I have travelled (and lived) extensively abroad, I have to try and keep abreast of some confusing taxonomic changes that see new species formed out of old. Do you have a system for updating any such changes?

Hi,

I am UK only for now and foreseeable future, so that keeps thing simpler! No system yet for any changes - will have to face that if it happens 😀

Hello! How is your list going? I recently sorted out mine as well, I can't be bothered to find dates either :ROFLMAO:

It’s going really well thanks - I am finding it easy to add a new bird because they are all on individual cards. Plus I find the whole set up aesthetically pleasing :)

Do you take birding holidays? I keep separate holiday lists for each one and then simply feed any lifers into the main list.

Because I have travelled (and lived) extensively abroad, I have to try and keep abreast of some confusing taxonomic changes that see new species formed out of old. Do you have a system for updating any such changes?
If you use Scythebill, once all your data is in, such things will be done automatically for you.

ebird is also good with this if you log everything, especially if there are splits that you didn't anticipate.
Yes, you have to be fairly comprehensive, listing all sightings of any species, in different places and then the programme does the rest.

Yes, you have to be fairly comprehensive, listing all sightings of any species, in different places and then the programme does the rest.
Even as a taxonomy nerd that tries to keep track of everything, I still get surprised about some splits or their boundaries. I got the sage sparrow split wrong years ago, and I wonder who was expecting the massive slaty-backed nightingale thrush split that has been recently proposed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back