• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mynas (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members

I was on Fiji to look for birds and I spotted a Jungle Myna, I was sure it was a Jungle Myna until I came to Singapore on my way home. 1st Picture

I made a stop over for a few days of birding and I spotted another Myna and I put it down as a Jungle Myna.

2nd Picture but now I'm doubtful. Maybe a Javan Myna??

Any one that can be so kind to confirm this?

3rd picture is a bird I spotted in Bangkok, I put it down as a Great Myna.

Now I'm doubtfull and confused.

The Javan Myna Acridotheres javanicus, also known as the white-vented myna and the buffalo myna

The White-vented Mynas (Acridotheres grandis) - also known as Crested Mynas, Great Mynas

And there is another bird called Crested Myna Acridotheres cristatellus

Is there anyone that can be so kind to confirm the three identities I made of the above birds?

Happy birdings
Kind Regards
Aladdin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/www-aladdin-st/

Attachments

• Jungle-Myna-on-Fiji.jpg
    Jungle-Myna-on-Fiji.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Jungle-Myna-Singapore.jpg
    Jungle-Myna-Singapore.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 12
  • Great-Myna-in-Bangkok.jpg
    Great-Myna-in-Bangkok.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 13
Cheers Grahame

You made my day! The Javan and Jungle are kind of look a like. The Javan with the small crest

#2 Javan Myna, I had actually put it down as a Jungle Myna but I got suspicious.

Thank you very much
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back