• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nairobi 10th March (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I have a whole day layover in Nairobi on 10th March (Sunday). I believe I can get a transit visa to go out of the airport. I'd be pleased to have someone join me for some birding, or suggestions of what to do.

Thanks

Hey Arbu,
You need to apply for a visa in advance, kindly visit the link below it has details on how to go about it

Birding options include; Nairobi National Park which is not far from the Airport, Karura Forest north of the city center , and Gatamaiyu Forest which is an hour's drive from Nairobi.

On a side note, re visas, this is extremely useful when applicable, covers Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya, it's the one we used.

Possibly things are in a state of change now - if you follow the links on your link, it takes you back to the same link provided in post #2. And there it says the East African tourist visa is "coming soon", ie can't be obtained by evisa at present.

Possibly things are in a state of change now - if you follow the links on your link, it takes you back to the same link provided in post #2. And there it says the East African tourist visa is "coming soon", ie can't be obtained by evisa at present.
I got one when we did Uganda and Rwanda but can't remember how I got it?

Many years ago there was a separate desk for visas on arrival at Nairobi but that's probably all changed now.
I'd certainly recommend Nairobi National Park ... very easy to get to and a wonderful place for birds and mammals.

This went OK. Got a driver for the day at the airport and he took me to the Sharpe's Longclaw Reserve and Lake Naivasha, where a local guide was kind enough to show me round for a couple of hours. Got 77 species, eight of which were new for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back