• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a Bird You've Photographed (2 Viewers)

Hi BrianP. Please review the rules of the game in Post #1.

1. You have to have seen and photographed the bird - any photo's must be your own.
2. You cannot repeat a bird that someone else has already named.
3. You are allowed to make 3 wrong entries, after the 3rd you must sit out for the next 10 birds
4. You can't post two bird in a row (after yourself)
5. At least to start off with, try and link the bird you post with the previous bird
6. Add your photo as an attached file rather than in post as this should make each post slightly smaller, so slightly less scrolling!

Hi BrianP. Please review the rules of the game in Post #1.
Thanks Jeff,
I did read the first post rules but obviously it didn’t sink in. So it looks like I was naughty with number 4, sorry about that, deleted the second post.
How do I go about linking my post to the previous bird in rule no 5?
Also can you explain what you mean by “3 wrong entries” in rule no 3. Do you mean 3 rule violations or 3 misidentified species?
Thanks,
B

Thanks Jeff,
I did read the first post rules but obviously it didn’t sink in. So it looks like I was naughty with number 4, sorry about that, deleted the second post.
How do I go about linking my post to the previous bird in rule no 5?
Have some link between one bird and the next - something in the name (like, I went Brush-turkey to Brushfinch) or same family is the most common while we're still in the low thousands, but once it gets up there connections can become extremely tenuous. But never just "random bird that hasn't appeared yet in the thread".
Also can you explain what you mean by “3 wrong entries” in rule no 3. Do you mean 3 rule violations or 3 misidentified species?

Most often "3 duplicates" (species already posted), but I suppose any three violations.

Oh, and do also include the number of the bird, which isn't in the rules, but everyone does it. Nice to know when we reach a milestone count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back