• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a Bird You've Seen 2 (3 Viewers)

No, had a horrible boat trip, nut never saw that one and don't have any shearwaters or petrels to play any more.
The closest might be a northern storm petrel, so I'll head back to New Britain for:
#9525 Matsudaira's Storm Petrel

An anagram of Chestnut-bellied Imperial Pigeon, if you use some letters more than once and don't use quite a few others at all

9528. Tristan Thrush

I think I'm definitely out now

Liking the link ;-)

According to Wikipedia Tristan thrush - Wikipedia (I googled it, as never heard of it, along with about the last 8 and a half thousand birds on this thread), head has rufous sides in the nominate; chestnut and rufous are definitely kinds of warm brown. It also has the alternative name of 'Starchy' (!) which pretty much sums up Chestnuts when eaten imo ...

Also googling 'King Tristan' (on a hunch linking Imperial and Tristan), surprisingly comes up with King Tristan of Stormhold, the main protagonist from the film 'Stardust' ...

!! ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back