• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help trying to identify a bird by it's calling - Mexico/Hidalgo (1 Viewer)

ELGishki

Mexico
Hi, when I go to Hidalgo, Mexico during spring and summer I often hear a bird (I haven't seen it nor been able to take a picture) with a really weird call that sounds a lot like a human whistle. I have been looking for that bird since forever but I can find it.
I tried to imitate the bird's call, it really sounds like a human whistling a ring tone:
I have only heard that bird in a very specific area and I haven't found it on the internet yet, even when I have been looking for it for years. Please help me to find it.
The area is this one and all the places nearby: https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...30e74793e9e5b0!8m2!3d21.0692432!4d-99.1359472

Hi ELGishki and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Sorry I can't help with your ID but someone will be along shortly with some ideas for you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back