• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need to Talk About Visiting Birds (2 Viewers)

mourningdovefan

United States
I just need some input if it is available about Mourning Doves. I cutie pie nested in my nest for about 3 days of peace and laid 2 eggs.
Yesterday, a birdhouse hanging near her had aggressive bees coming out of it. I removed the birdhouse and a swarm of bees came to the balcony.
I was stung 3 times . I used some hornet spray as it was a swarm which chased off my dove couple. So sad when I realized they abandoned the nest and found 2 eggs when I got a peek inside. They have been gone 24 hours. Is there no hope they will return

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I can’t help with an answer to your question.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

If the eggs have abandoned for 24 hours, it is unlikely that they will be viable.

Hi mourningdovefan and a warm welcome from me too. There's always hope I guess, but if they don't return within another day, you must presume they won't return. It's generally best to allow nature to do what it does without interfering. However if a swarm of bees is likely to cause a dangerous situation, it's best to contact the experts who know how to deal with them.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back