• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New AX Visio 10x32 binocular (4 Viewers)

Exup,

So far two posters had the Visio in their hands and were positiv.
I own one and share their experience.
What I don't understand is how you can say that the Vsio is shot down while nobody else had them in there hands.
Shall we wait for more tests from users before we make such a judgement?
If the Visio is not your cup of tea, OK but that does not mean it is what you make of it.

Just my 2c.

Jan
Waiting for mine. Release date is Feb 1st here in Norway.
Per

Hello,

I once read in a manufacturer's brochure that binoculars were advertised as being suitable for glasses wearers until the 90s if you could see around 80% of the field of view with glasses.
However, this standard has now changed, 100% of the field of vision is now suitable for glasses wearers, what lies below should actually only be advertised as partially suitable for glasses wearers.

The problem is that we all have different facial features, different nose roots, eye depth, farsightedness, nearsightedness, lens strength, etc.
If everything fits well, glasses wearers can cope with a shorter EP position, but usually not everything fits.
I think beyond 16mm. The vast majority of glasses wearers can cope with the EP position, but there will always be exceptions.

I didn't have any problems with the HT 8/10x54, it also depends on the eyepiece design.

Andreas
I was told by one of the premium manufacturers, that to obtain a full field of view with wearing spectacles the eye relief (from the ocular lens) should be a minimum 15mm. Obviously on an individual basis this can change, but in general terms. Also on the subject of the new Swarovski, didn’t Sony have a digital binocular on display at Bird Fair some 15 years or so ago (time flies, so could be 2-3 years either side), which didn’t take off, maybe too early at the time for the market, however that unit didn’t have ID capabilities.

I was told by one of the premium manufacturers, that to obtain a full field of view with wearing spectacles the eye relief (from the ocular lens) should be a minimum 15mm.
Hi,

as far as I know, this applies to most nearsighted people, while for farsighted people it is probably >16mm.

Andreas

Many years ago, I took the train from Oslo to Bergen and back, up over the mountains and through the snow sheds.

Indescribable beauty, which has to be experienced first hand.

No photography or video can capture it.

This massive thread may be what you get when you put a few thousand technophobic Boomudgeons in the same room. Gives you the ability, like Walter Rayle’s super power, to refer to something as ”gimmicky nonsense” without ever using it.
I shall be an extremely nonsensical gimmmicker in just a few days! Report to follow.
Per

If it works as intended and is durable, it's a big leap forward, an engineering tour de force with tremendous potential.
Only time and field use will reveal its practicality and worth.
At $5,332, it should shine your shoes and brush your teeth!
At 34 oz. with only 32 mm objectives, it's a heavyweight!
Seems Norwegian prices are lower: quoting one of the sellers, work it out at your exchange rate.

Swarovski AX Visio 10×32 – Kikkert med identifikasjon​

Swarovski AX Visio 10×32.......
kr 47 900 price in NOK

If it executes as advertised and is robustly built (like the EL Range TA but unlike the NL Pure IMO) I'm a customer once an 8X32 or 8X42 is offered although I would consider a 10X42 if the 8 power is not offered by Swarovski.

Just for fun, as we all wonder as to who will buy the AX Visio.

This is from the website of Birdwatching.net store, where you can read today the following remark under
Home / Binoculars / Swarovski / AX Visio, at the top of the page:

"We sold out immediately. However, the product shows as IN STOCK so that you can pre-order and save your place in line. When we receive our next shipment of the AX Visio, we will contact you."

see AX Visio - Swarovski - Binoculars

True or just marketing?
:oops:

Last edited:
Just for fun, as we all wonder as to who will buy the AX Visio.

This is from the website of Birdwatching.net store, where you can read today the following remark under
Home / Binoculars / Swarovski / AX Visio, at the top of the page:

"We sold out immediately. However, the product shows as IN STOCK so that you can pre-order and save your place in line. When we receive our next shipment of the AX Visio, we will contact you."

see AX Visio - Swarovski - Binoculars

True or just marketing?
:oops:
Well a trip to Colwyn Bay and the ever excellent Sara and Joel at Cambrian Photography has started an itch that might need scratching once I have found the funds and the courage to tell my beloved.

It was our Wedding Anniversary today and what better way to celebrate 49 years of bliss than a drive through the glorious Welsh valleys and some lovely fish and chips in Colwyn Bay? Cambrian are almost next door and it would have been rude not to pop in and say hello.

Strike me down but on the shelf was a demo Swarovski AX Visio. Quelle suprise.

The AX is a stunning bit of kit and once you get over the bulk and the weight it falls naturally to hand with very well placed and intuitive control buttons and a buttery smooth focus wheel with absolutely no play. Each eyepiece has its own dioptre and the view is stunning, not NL Pure stunning, but not too far behind. Colours are typical Swaro, no CA or glare. The eyecups are very comfortable and eye relief was perfect for this non-glasses wearer.

I only had it in hand for an hour but it is an amazing bit of technology, the bird ID is simple to use and identified several correctly but I am concious that it was only a fleeting test. Compass, tracking, connection to my IPhone and the camera all performed better than I thought they would. A seamless demo of a technical wizard that really does deserve to be handled and used before passing judgement.

Only negatives that stuck in my mind were the initial cost and the battery. It is specific to the AX and costs a hefty £60 ish.

But irrespective of the cost and its limited market it may be exactly what someone needs and can justify its purchase.

I loved it, don't need it but........

Last edited:
The battery will cost round about 60,00 euro so I think it is a typo and the price is 50 pounds.

@Canip: Each dealer got one sales sample first week of february and the rest will follow later on. So..... do the math:sleep:

Jan

The battery will cost round about 60,00 euro so I think it is a typo and the price is 50 pounds.

@Canip: Each dealer got one sales sample first week of february and the rest will follow later on. So..... do the math:sleep:

Jan
You are correct, my finger has been disciplined and the post changed to £60 ish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back