• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New binoculars (1 Viewer)

To the original poster - you really need to test drive the newer models yourself to see if the improvements, which depending on your perception may be slight, but which do exist, are worth the price (whether new or secondhand) to you. If we're going to use cars as a reference point I'd offer my opinion that the Leicas especially are far more like late to older models of Mercedes SLs or Porsche 911s (less the electronics, of course) than the comparison in post #2.

So mine got sent from UK, and I think in total it was about a month.
But they came back like new.
My first older pair were recovered too but my later ones were 'as new' in the box, bit they checked them anyway.
Mainly just to check they were still fully sealed, and focusser all good etc.
I've had very good service from Leica.
Also from Zeiss, but that was actually through East Coast Bino Repairs here in UK.... so that was super quick. About a week all in.

Recently acquired a pair of 10x32 BA's from Birder's Store in UK. Had been serviced by Leica and I have to say they look, perform (and smell) brand new. Really enjoyed using these over the last few weeks, feel great in the hand. Don't know about coatings but I believe there's only a couple of feet difference in the close focus between BA & BN. Was encouraged to buy these when a friend had his 8x32 BN's serviced by Leica recently and was impressed when I looked through them. I have 8x42 NV & 7x42 UV also but had these back in the day and it felt like being reunited with an old friend.
Now Leica advertises a transferable warranty, so I wonder if used, other than gray or over 30 years old could get covered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back