• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Magazine: Birds Illustrated (1 Viewer)

Doug,

Send them a reminder. They are normally quite good at answering emails. Perhaps they have not processed the order yet and so the replies have not been sent.

I telephoned my order and they told me that the card would not be charged until the first issue goes out.

Update on postal rates for the USA

I had an e-mail from Buckingham Press today, to let me know that the postage rates to the USA are for airmail.

Helen, I think I got an email about the same time you did. And for an airmail subscription, I think that's really not too bad a price.

However, it's still out of reach of my current budget, darn it!

But our local library is really wonderful at carrying a really wide range of magazines, and patrons may request a particular one to be added to their usual selection. Perhaps I'll request it here. I really WOULD like to see this for myself!

Hillary McCormick has very helpfully sorted out my subscription now - now just have to be patient for the release...

perhaps I sent my card details to the wrong lady!!!! Sorry Hillary - that will teach me not to double check...

Dear All, We are really excited that there has been this level of interest in our new venture, Birds Illustrated magazine. Sorry it's taken so long to respond but the last week has been taken up with getting the first issue to the printers!

To try to answer some of the questions:
Birds Illustrated is a quarterly magazine and the introductory offer through Bird Forum is £15.80 including postage within the UK. Postage rates overseas, but within Europe are £3.40 and to the rest of the world £5. Overseas post will go airmail.

The magazine is subscription only. This is a by-product of the trade, as there are now some 3000 magazines available at any one time so unless you are a big seller or are prepared to offer enormous discounts, it is very difficult to have your publications adopted by retail outlets.

We are publishing this title through Buckingham Press, under licence from EMAP. Buckingham Press publish The Birdwatcher's Yearbook, which has been going for 23 years, Best Birdwatching Sites in Norfolk and a soon to be released Best Birdwatching Sites in Sussex. We do not publish Outdoor Photography.

In addition to remaining as editor of Birdwatching magazine, I am also editing Birds Illustrated along with the other Buckingham Press publications.

If you are attending the Bird Fair at Rutland, we have a stand there (M2/41 - next to Birdwatching Mag), and would love to see you. There will also be copies of the first issue of the magazine for anyone who would like to see it before subscribing.

David Cromack

David,

On behalf of admin and all the moderators, a warm welcome to Bird Forum.

I hope you enjoy your visits here and thank you for the info on the magazine. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the update.

I look forward to receiving the first issue.

See you at the Bird Fair.

It is nearly August,so watch out for this space when the mag is issued.the only thing is we will be under dust sheets (due to decorators) soI will miss all the fun!!.
But I am really looking forward to the first issue.
Christine

I look forward to visiting your stand David and seeing the magazine, i am sure it will be a huge success, can i thank you for clearing up some of the questions.

P.S. Welcome to B.F.

Recieved a copy of BI today from David, I have to say it is very very good, It has some stunning photographs and some really good articles.
Looks and feels like a magazine should, thick and Glossy with loads of info from all over the world. Highly recommended:t:

Diane ,you have missed out on a treat.Catch the postie on Monday!!.Seriously a great mag,with some superb pictures,really puts me off digi scoping,and lots of interesting info.A lot of hard work has gone into it,and i wish it every success.It is good to read a publication which goes into depth on such an interesting subject.
Christine.

Dear all,

A real treat to day.

Quite unexpectedly there was a copy of Birds Illustrated with my morning paper in the dressing room.
I have only managed a superficial thumb through. But my first impression is very favorable, splendid photography and thankfully not shot through with ghastly adverts and those infuriating bumphlettes that drop into ones coffee.

Yours etc:
Gordon Boreham-Styffe.

Birds Illustrated at the British Bird Fair

For those people on Bird Forum in the UK at the weekend you'll be able to get your hands on the first edition of Birds Illustrated, all being well, at this year's British Birdwatching Fair.

I'm going on the Friday as usual.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back