• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member & New Binoculars Minox HG8x43BR (1 Viewer)

Jswd32

United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently got into bird watching and decided to do some research on a good pair of not expensive binoculars. I looked at the Vanguard 8x42 ed 2's but an option on some used good condition Minox HG8x43BR came up on ebay.

They are lovely binoculars but unfortunately there appears to be a ding on the locking ring for the objective lens. I began searching the internet about Minox warranty on these binoculars and came across this site. Which is useful as just getting into bird watching. My mother owns a small holding that is an an untouched valley in Cornwall, which has a very diverse bird population. We currently have woodcock, both migratory and native. Partridge and pheasants as well as buzzards & Merlin, wood peckers. jays, buntings and many more lol.

There was a post on this site, from a member some time ago who had a pair of these binoculars, and was contacted by a Minox representative, who proceeded to help with warranty repairs.

I am the second owner and did not know if that effected the 30yr warranty as only 6 yrs old so far.

Any way they work brilliantly and its amazing to be able to track birds flying with such good eye relief and ocular adjusters(may be wrong term lol).

If there is still a Minox rep on this site, would appreciate to make contact to help fix these amazing binoculars.

Kind regards

Jonathon

Hi Jonathon and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the dedicated Minox forum, I'm sure someone will soon be along to advise you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I think it was probably my post you are referring to. I don't think the rep was a member of this forum but someone here gave me the contact information for the representative for Minox UK. Unfortunately it seems that things have changed in the intervening years and Minox UK no longer exists. It looks as if all contact now should be made directly with the German headquarters. Here is a link to the relevant page on their website:

I traded in my Minox HG 8x43 binoculars against a pair of new Swarovski EL 8x32 FPs about eighteen months ago, so I am rather out of touch with what Minox are doing these days. Good luck.

Ron

Well fairly surprised to receive an email this morning from Minox Weztler. They confirmed that they will not cover anything related to accidental damage, which appears to be a shift from what they have clearly done in the past. However, what I can not comprehend is as this model is discontinued, they no longer hold any parts for this model so they can not help at all.

I have emailed back to ask how they intend to honour the 30yr warranty then? If they have disposed of all the spare parts.

All I have heard is good things about Minox customer service, but this appears dreadful.

Regards

Jonathon

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back