• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member (1 Viewer)

MasterYoda

United Kingdom
Hi All,

New member here.

Been birding at various levels since I was about 12 (now 48).
First in South Africa where I am originally from, and then in the UK

I am very much into all sorts of wildlife and nature, and also combine that with photography.
And I have a big library covering my various interests

Looking forward to spending time on the Forum

Hi MasterYoda and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thanks for the welcome

My news......
Had a South Africa / Kruger trip booked for last October, but that obviously got cancelled :(
Have rescheduled another 11 day / 10 night trip for this coming September. But am not too hopeful 🙏

Otherwise not done much local birding over the last year or so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome

My news......
Had a South Africa / Kruger trip booked for last October, but that obviously got cancelled :(
Have rescheduled another 11 day / 10 night trip for this coming September. But am not too hopeful 🙏

Otherwise not done much local birding over the last year or so.
LOL we've all been in much the same boat. Mostly just seeing what's around our local areas.

Think longer trips abroad are a way off (at least for us) for a while yet.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

.....so a year later I finally got to Kruger in early April.
Was fantastic to be there - 10 days of heaven
Bird count wasn't brilliant - 85 species. But I had other non-birders in the car. So don't stop for anything smaller than a dove. And also, it poured for the last 3 days of the trip. An effect of the cyclone that caused so much damage in Natal. So sightings during that time were limited

I have another trip planned for this coming October - "holding thumbs"

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back