• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New shamefully hunting law in Italy PLEASE READ (1 Viewer)

macrourus

I quote Rich Billington:

Hi Everyone

There has been little or no coverage of this outside Italy but it is causing quite a stir among the Italian birding/nature fraternity. If anyone would like to add their voice to growing opposition there are details of the online petition below. Seeing as there are relatively few Italian Birders, they could do with a bit of help from European colleagues to add some weight!!

Briefly, a new law has been proposed in Italy that would allow the dates for the hunting season to be decided regionally. This could result in particular regions that have pro-hunting interests deciding the hunting season according to local pressure by hunters and could be extended from 1st September - 31st January as it is now to 1st August - 28th February with obvious consequeces to migrants. This would mean the hunting season would be seven months instead of five.

The petition can be found at: http://www.lipu.it/tu_petizione_cacciaselvaggia.htm

To complete the online form, I have translated the fields

Nome (Name):
Cognome (Surname):
E-mail:
Indirizzo (Address):
Città (Town/City):

Leave CAP blank and select EE in the Prov. field if you are outside Italy

In the box Socio Lipu, select No if you are not a member of LIPU (the Italian equivalent of the RSPB)

Please take 30 seconds to do this as this law would be a further free pass to the already over favoured Italian hunters.

Cheers

Odonate

and me... :

Please sign it as soon as possible...
this time is not only an "Italian affair".... its a shame for the whole Europe and a potentially riskful matter for all our WP birds, shooting migrants ANY WP populations will suffer...also from your countries....

so sign it please

Also: very effective, would be if the Environmental Minister will be over flooded by e-mails complining about the new hunting law...chiefly if from foreigners, seing that in case the lw will be not changed you will not come anymore to Italy

so write to

[email protected]

Signed & translated all the information into Finnish and published it on my Blog & informed BirdLife Finland.

I will send some emails as soon as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back